Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Monster-dudes

Ahhh, I feel refreshed. I took the day off of work yesterday to venture out into the world of wedding dress shopping. I went by myself to David's Bridal and tried on about 6 dresses. I probably would have tried on a lot more, but the lady that was helping me was a frantic nutcase, and I didn't really want to ask her for anything! She was so pushy. I told her I needed my mom to come back with me, but she kept trying to get me to buy the dress on the spot. "I'll wait if you want to call your mom now. You can use our phone if you want!" Um no. "How soon can she come in? Tomorrow? This weekend?" Um no.

And she wasn't just pushy with sales stuff. I'm trying to get changed and she's all barging in, throwing a dress on me in 2.3 seconds. It was like she was timing herself for speed. Anyway, I found a dress I really like. Not sure if it's "the one", but it's a front-runner right now. I didn't just want to post the picture of me in the dress, but if you really wanna see, you can click right here. I know Rob doesn't check out this blog anyway.

In other news, I WAS CRAFTY! Yay! I finally squeezed in some craft time Tuesday night and yesterday afternoon. I saw this blog and I thought the little felt dollies were so cute, so I had to make some of my own.

Here they are:







These monster-dudes are tons of fun to make! And so easy! I can just plop myself on the couch with some felt, thread and buttons and craft the night away. I think I'm just going to make hundreds until they infest my house. Then I'll put them in drawers and cabinets and the fridge. Kinda like mice or silverfish.

9 comments:

Matt said...

Very nice.

They have an Ugly Doll meets Frankenstein vibe to them...

kgiff said...

I love the dress! - kgiff

lew! said...

you could fill the lil monsters with cedar (for closest or drawers) and with scenty stuff and just leave 'em out.

Damn! I am practical sometimes!

designer monster air fresheners!
(you can give me a cut of the idea)

PATENT PENDING!!!!

:D

Melissa said...

Lew! That is the best idea! Monster sachets! Who wouldn't want one? I mean, everyone wants a fresh undie drawer, right? And who wants a boring block of cedar or a floral bag filled with lavender? A felt monster is way cooler. I'm definitely making some! Don't worry, lew, I'll give you a cut of the profits!

Mary said...

CUTE! I love!

lew! said...

perfect mel!

i'll put my notice in today.

Financial freedom here i come!

Jeope said...

I don't see no patent! I'm totally stealing this whole idea for the lucrative Canadian market. Let the loonies and twonies roll in!

patricia zapata said...

They look so fun and I love the color combos. TOO cute!! :) You should post them over at Craft Happens!

Spencer M. Hall said...

those are so adorable. i want one!