Friday, February 01, 2008

Durable Audi's and a Portrait

Audi's are very well-made cars. I know this because I rear-ended one this morning and much to my relief, there wasn't even a scratch. Thank goodness I didn't hit a Yugo! (Wait, have all Yugo's disintegrated by now?) Anyway, I got super lucky. So I'm not sure if that makes it a good morning or a bad morning.

Guess what I did last night. Go on. Guess. Okay, I'll just tell you.

I sketched for the first time in...well...a really long time. I like drawing girls from magazines. I know that's probably not the best subject, but I enjoy sketching faces, and I need to work on body proportions and things like that. So I figure this will be some good practice.

First, I had to go through my packed boxes to find this pad of paper and pencils that I had stashed away during the summer. (Wow, has it been that long??) Then I paged through my Nylon magazine last night and tore out a good number of "subjects" before settling on this lovely lady.



Not too shabby. I'm always so skeptical when I start. I think, "aww, this isn't going to look anything like a real person!" Then, once I start using the white pencil, it actually resembles a human! I still need LOADS of practice, as you can tell. But I'll get there.

8 comments:

Mary said...

awesome!

Cherrill said...

Wow! That's looks great!

Jeope said...

Holdonasec ... is that Paris?!!!

Melissa said...

God no!!

Jules said...

Fabulous!

Unknown said...

Um, oh my gosh!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my god... this is soooo good. Her expression is priceless.

Anonymous said...

I just started snooping your blog. Only 2 posts in and I'm intrigued. Nice drawings lady (stranger)