Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Pick a Flick

Once again, I've resorted to posting videos so that I don't have to write much on here. But this is for good reason. There are so many good movies out right now, and I've been trying to get out to see them. But between Rob's soccer practice and the baseball playoffs, he hasn't had much time to see a movie, let alone four or five!

I'd like to see Religulous. Rob, surprisingly, isn't as interested. Mainly because he thinks Bill Maher is a "dick". But I think this will be a nice companion to The Year of Living Biblically, which I'm currently reading and loving. It's making me think about religion differently.



And then there's Towelhead, a movie by the same writer of American Beauty and creator of Six Feet Under. Part humorous, part disturbing.



Trouble the Water is only in the theater here for a few more days, so if I want to see it, I should go on Wednesday. I have a feeling this one will make me feel like crap, and I'll probably cry my eyes out.



And lastly, I kind of sort of want to see Choke and Burn After Reading. I won't post those trailers because they are mainstream. So, have you seen any of these?? What do you think?

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I really want to see Religulous, but I haven't yet. I have seen Burn After Reading, and I can't say that I recommend it. My boyfriend and I kept waiting for it to get good, and for us, it never did. We're still confused as to what it was about and didn't like the ending. Just my two cents! ;)

Anonymous said...

I watched Burn After Reading and it was one of the worst movies I've ever seen. I would've stopped watching much sooner but I was watching with friends, and for some reason they liked it. It's got absolutely no appeal in any way - the sense of humour is terrible and every character (except maybe Tilda Swinton) is annoying. Don't waste your time.