Wednesday, December 03, 2008

melissahead, in print!

I was contacted a year ago to submit some images of my cards for a book about handmade greetings. Of the cards I submitted, six had been chosen for the book, and I sent 'em in to the author. I eventually forgot about the whole thing, until a few weeks ago. I decided to look into it, and I saw that the book was available for pre-order on Amazon, so I went and ordered it. It wasn't supposed to be available until January, but lo and behold, it arrived on my doorstep yesterday!

So, here it is!

1,000 Handmade Greetings: Creative Cards and Clever Correspondence



I'm pretty stoked! It's really exciting to see my work in a real, life, published book. It makes me wish I was still crafting and not on "hiatus"!

9 comments:

marzi said...

that's so very awesome. going to hang my head in shame that i'm not in a book like that. ;)

A Punkin Card Company said...

My book is on it's way! I am so excited. Oh, that's silly about the cover but at least I have a full page! Yippy!
Congrats on your two page spread! Your work is amazing. Thanks for the info.

Amie aka Punkin

Venessa said...

wow! how do you do it! i was checking our your flickr site and you were feature on GMA, then the newspaper and now a book!!! I REALLY hope to work hard enough to get where you have gone!!!

best of luck in the future and keep on keepin on!

devon spec said...

omg, i think there is a 1000 best letterhead designs or something to that effect that must be part of this series that i've seen. WOW. too cool. i'm even more impressed now.

~Valentina~ said...

WoW! That is cool! Congrats :) I think your cards are amazing!

sooziebee said...

Wow, Melissa, I was accepted for that book too and can't wait to get a copy. I didn't realise it was available yet..... v excited, can't wait to see it x

whitney said...

Congratulations! Well deserved!

karinmc said...

I am not sure how I found your blog, but I'm in there too! Great blog, this one and the NICE one. I think I need to join the NICE crusade.

Aubrey said...

i'm just discovering you have a personal blog aside from operationnice(which i LOOOVE) and we sell this book at Paper Source where i work!! i'll have to take a better look at it next time =)