Thursday, December 04, 2008

The Shins, eh?

I was over visiting Cleverly Eleanor, and she had a post about her 25 most played songs in iTunes. Hmm, I never checked. So I took a peek, and it seems I must have gone through a phase where I played Wincing the Night Away on repeat or something. I'm kind of surprised. I definitely thought I'd be Radiohead, which is great work background music, or Maritime, which I honestly did play on repeat for a while there. But no, The Shins and Aqualung edged out the crowd.

(I'm glad my list doesn't reveal my Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch obsession.)


Speaking of tunes, I got some new stuff from eMusic. That is the best service ever. For $15 a month, I have downloaded SO MANY wonderful albums. My most recent fave is Ra Ra Riot's The Rhumb Line. In addition to that, lately I've downloaded The Duke Spirit, Art Brut, The Unicorns, The Spinto Band, The Rural Alberta Advantage, Okkervil River, Marching Band, Los Campesinos!, and others. Super awesome!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! I definitely didn't think Bon Iver would still be numero uno, but alas, it is. I also just got the new Los Campesinos! album and it's amazing. Wait, you read my blog - you must already know that ;)

I'm totally going to check out this eMusic you're raving about ... sounds like bliss.

Unknown said...

Help! I am looking for your etsy shop to include in the Mista-Tacular Holiday Gift Guide...my pursuits continue...

Unknown said...

Oh, dangnabbit. You've gone on hiatus! Well I'm happy for you, and all of those nice people. ;)