Wednesday, August 19, 2009

My Dopplegängers

I look like a lot of people. I always get stopped by strangers who say I look just like their third cousin's best friend's sister or something. Last Friday I was told that I looked like some dude's friend's girlfriend, who happened to be a total bitch. I had to convince him that I was a nice girl.

But I think it's kind of neat. Okay, not when someone tells me I look like Velma from Scooby Doo, but when I see people that kind of look like me, I think it's hilarious, in a very creepy sort of way.

Like when my friend Devon sent me this picture that she found on Design*Sponge from artist Esther Kim.



Or this picture sent to me by Irit, my internet friend from Israel.



Those are both pretty much me. It's freaky. I look more like both of those images than Velma. Right??? (Please say yes, please say yes.)

5 comments:

Shannon said...

Woah, the similiarity in one on the bottom is downright freaky. Are you sure you haven't been featured in Israeli ads? :) And I actually think you look nothing like Velma; it's just the glasses that throws people.

skye said...

velma? who's velma? ;)

devon spec said...

hehehehe..... :) ;)

marzi said...

that's so funny. i get that all the time too. it's crazy. people are always telling me i look familiar. the hubby has just started answering for me now saying: "she gets that all the time, you probably don't know her." ;) i thought i got it a lot, but i've never had people send me pictures of myself! creepy!

Mrs. Maria said...

Yes! Especially the bottom one. Hehe!