Saturday, August 29, 2009

The last of my 20's

Today I turned 29. One year until 30. Although I hear from Rob that 31 was tougher than 30. I'm happy with the way I'm aging. I still have that youthful glow. Misery and cynicism hasn't hit me yet. And hopefully they never will.



Here was me last year, if you're curious.

I have a bajillion photos from San Francisco and plenty of stories to tell. Those are to come.

P.S. Rob, achieved a birthday Epic Fail. No gift, no card, no cake, no nothing. He claims that our vacation inhibited his birthday-planning abilities. So I gave him a week long extension. I really don't care, though I admit, I miss the days of my childhood where I was so excited about my birthday that I'd count the days, and it was always filled with joy and surprise. Today was really just another day, but I guess that's how I know I'm an adult.

7 comments:

Irit said...

Happy birthday, Melissa! Have w wonderfully wonderful day! :-)))

Wow, 29. You're so young! I remember that for me, the same as for Rob, 31 was a somewhat traumatic age. Also 36. In about three months I'll be (gulp) 37. Going on 12, but still 37. Yikes, when did get so old?

Artsy Fartsy said...

Happy Birthday! You do have that youthful glow!

Mary said...

I've said the EXACT same thing. 31 was much harder than 30. 30 is cute. 31 is closer to 40 than 20. Either way, HAPPY 29th!!!! :)

danielle said...

Hope you had a great birthday. You are too cute.

Jules said...

Aw, that is an epic fail. :( But, a few weeks ago he came to the office with flowers when you were having a bad day, so I guess we can let him off the hook this time. ;)

Rob is right--31 IS harder than 30. I thought the same thing on my 31st birthday.

Suzie said...

Happy Belated Bday!!!

RobbieLee at Chickiedee said...

Happy belated birthday! You look fabulous! My 26th Birthday is coming up on Oct. 1st and my husband constantly reminds me that I'm getting older by the minute. He's 7 months younger than I am, so he feels like he can tease me. He wants kids asap, so that's why he reminds me of my age and my "clock." Ha ha ha...