Thursday, August 06, 2009

Potato wave!

I got Rob Pearl Jam tickets for his birthday. Pearl Jam used to be his favorite band back in the day, and he's always wanted to see them live. I never really got into them, but we'll see how the new album sounds.

Anyway, when I think of Pearl Jam, two things come to mind. The first is Adam Sandler's Opera Man. I couldn't find the clip, but he does his opera-thing to Even Flow and it always cracked me up! The second is this video of misheard lyrics for Yellow Ledbetter. I will never be able to listen to this song and not hear "Potato wave."

2 comments:

five dot design said...

Pretty sure I peed my pants a little bit with this one. -I don't wanna go to bennigan's-

maggie said...

First of all, I was just thinking about Opera Man yesterday! And secondly - thanks for the video! I had never seen that before and now I'm sure I will only ever think of these lyrics when I hear Yellow Ledbetter. That cracked me up. Thanks, Melissa! I hope today is a better day :)