Friday, November 12, 2004

Did someone say chocolate?

I have half an hour to kill before my boss and I go out to lunch with our printer, Tara. I love lunch dates with Tara. It's the only time I ever get to eat food that good! Today we're going to Jones Restaurant. Mmm, they have spectacular calamari! And for dessert, a big slice of chocolate cake with a frosty glass of milk. Yummy!

So this weekend is going to be a busy one. Rob and I are going to my grandfather's house tomorrow. He's giving us my grandmother's christmas tree and ornaments. I'm really excited about that, but it's also kind of depressing. He's trying to rid the house of everything because he plans on moving in with my uncle's family soon. So I know when I'm there he's going to ask me to take all my grandmother's stuff. He already gave me this whole dish set she had. And the best thing he could give me was her strand of pearls. He had gotten them in 1954 from Mikimoto's Pearl Farm in Japan when he was stationed over there. It was the first "nice" present he had ever gotten for my grandmother. And now I have them. That means a lot to me. I sure do miss her. It's going to be an unfamiliar holiday season without her chocolate chip brownies.

See, how it always comes back to desserts with me??

No comments: