Wednesday, October 10, 2007

RANT: Comcast sucks!

I have never had this much trouble with a utility company. I am astounded at their inflexibility. I am flabergasted at the amount of energy and time I've wasted trying to resolve a very menial issue.

Here's our Comcast timeline.

Oct 1-5
four calls to Comcast; 3 of the 4 representatives assured us that we would have cable and internet on Sunday, Oct 7

Oct 7
no cable or internet; spent 2.5 hours on the phone (and lots of unplugging and replugging) to figure out that the cable had been disconnected; Rob argued his way into free HBO for a year; Comcast was scheduled to come out the next day to fix the issue, and agreed to call us prior to arriving so we could meet the technician at our home

Oct 8
no call; got home to a note on the door saying work has been completed; still no cable or internet; another hour on the phone, more arguing; appointment scheduled for next day between 1-5pm

Oct 9
5:30pm, no technician; another call to Comcast where I was informed the technician was running late; 6pm, technician arrives and fixes the screwy cable wiring job that previous residents had done; yay it works; 7pm, while the tech was still there, our cable/DVR box fried; he didn’t have any more and he also couldn’t fix out internet because he wasn’t trained in modems; we were told to go to a Comcast office today to get a new DVR box and cable modem

Oct 10
noon, Rob left work to go to a Comcast office; they claimed they had no cable boxes or modems and there was a 200 person waiting list; Rob had a hissy fit and left in a huff; Rob called a supervisor argued his way into a LIKELY appointment tonight between 5-9 (“they’ll try their best to get someone out there”)

Call me skeptical, but I have a feeling this won’t be resolved tonight. I’m not upset at the fact that I have no cable. I’m upset because I’ve spent so many hours of my life on the phone with and waiting for Comcast. I have errands to run and groceries to buy. But I’m forced to sit at home, most likely listening to hold music while staring out the front door. There are so many better ways to spend my time.

1 comment:

Jeope said...

Comcast just showed up here. I think they had the wrong address.