Saturday, May 24, 2008

We did it!

They actually gave us the keys! After 14 months of waiting, our new house is finally officially OURS! I love it I love it I love it.

My mom is driving down this morning to stay with me for the weekend to help me paint, clean, unpack, line shelves and drawers, hang shelves, etc. Oh yeah, and feed me and take care of me while I'm doing all of these things. Rob's job is to take my mom's SUV and make trips back and forth. This will make our actual move next Saturday much easier for us (and Rob's dad, who is helping us move for the fourth time in 7 years.)

I'll be sure to take a lot of photos as I go through the transformation process!

I'm really excited about living here! The couple who bought the unit two down from ours was moving in yesterday and they are super nice. My old roomie, who I mentioned earlier, was walking her dog past my house. My blog stalker, who has been the sweetest, most helpful person, will hopefully stop by this weekend. We haven't even moved and I feel like I already know so many people!

8 comments:

marzi said...

yea! i'm so happy for you! congrats! have a great weekend making your house a home!

Cherrill said...

Congratulations! Phew - finally. Hope everything goes smooth with the painting, unpacking, arranging, re-arranging, maybe move that one thing one more time...

Meesh said...

Yea! Congrats Melissa. I can't wait to see pics of the new paint colors. =) Enjoy the first nights in your new place.

Edith said...

Congrats! I can't wait to see the kitchen!

Valentina Harper said...

Hi! I have been reading your blog for a while and looking foward to see the pictures!!! Congrats!!! :)

miss.supafly said...

Hooray! Can't wait to see pics of how you make it your own.

Anonymous said...

Yay!!! I'm so happy for you and can't wait to see all the pictures.

Mary said...

yay! I bet you are so happy just to have that whole ordeal over with! now you can focus on decorating without having to worry about all that other junk! :) Congrats on your new home!