Monday, May 05, 2008

Where have you been all my life?

I had an awesome weekend. It definitely cured the "depression" of our house not being ready.

Friday night, Rob and I checked out First Friday and soaked in some culture. The rain held off and it was a beautiful night for wandering around.

Saturday was a full day. It began with some errands and then a trip to our townhouse. Two of the six driveways in our building were torn up, so four more to go. We were told that they were hoping to start scheduling settlements on the 15th, although I'm not holding my breath.

Afterwards, we headed over to the Fairmount Park Flea Market for some serious shopping. I scored three vases and a few cd's. Not to mention chicken on a stick! Awesome.

Then it was off to the Rittenhouse Spring Festival where I made a beeline for the cheese steak spring rolls. Then came a crab cake slider. And then some crab rangoons. Yum. My tummy was happy.

After a nap, we were ready to boogie at the Sorted Indie/Brit Rock Dance Party 10 Year Anniversary at the Barbary. What a freakin' blast! This is exactly what I needed in my life. A place to dance to some kick ass music with other weirdos/freaks/nerds like myself. I must have been stuck in suburbia because I had no idea that events like this existed. Now that I do, it's going to become a regular thing for me. Dance it out y'all!

Here are some photos from the hot sweaty mess:

No comments: