Monday, August 04, 2008

Mama's Got a Brand New Bag

As Devon wrote in an email on Friday:
"mel solves everything with shopping! lol. ;)"

Truer words were never written.

My shopping problem has been taken to a whole new level lately. Bear in mind, I only use my debit card, so it's not like I'm racking up the credit card debt. If it ever gets to that point, I may need help.

Anyway, I went out for First Friday, and one of our last stops was in J Karma. I was good all night, but when I saw the great bags available at what I consider to be very reasonable prices, I knew I wouldn't leave empty-handed.

I ended up buying this satchel from Sondra Roberts. (Excuse the crappy camera phone photo.)

Mama's Got a Brand New Bag


I am absolutely in love with this bag! It's huge! It's split into two large compartments with little pockets in each. The strap is nice and thick, which is great for me because skinny straps hurt my boney Skeletor shoulders after about ten minutes. And it's very lightweight. When I walked out of the store with this in tow, Rob didn't hide his disapproval. But I don't care, it's such a great bag! Worth every penny!

In other news, we went to my parents' house for the weekend where I lived the Garfield life of eating and sleeping. For your viewing pleasure, here's a camera phone photo of my mother's dog, Mindy. Isn't she the cutest thing??

Adorable Mindy

2 comments:

devon spec said...

aw! a shout out! whoo hoo!

mindy? yeah, she's ok,but CHECK OUT THAT AWESOME COFFEE TABLE!!! i'm in love! ;)

Mrs. Maria said...

Oh lalala! I really like the purse Mel.