Friday, January 25, 2008

Picture Pages, Pictures Pages

Time to get your crayons and your pencils!

I occasionally check out the stats for my blog and websites, and it seems the the majority of the traffic I get to my blog is from a google image search that turns up this one sketch I did a few years ago.

Strange. So I went back to look at some of the other drawings I had done in the past. There aren't that many. But I found these two self-portraits. The problem I always had with drawing (besides motivation) was that I never discovered my "style."


It's been so long since I've drawn anything. Even so much as a doodle. This all goes back to my "too many passions" problem that I have. I should seriously consider taking less naps and spending more time drawing. Oh yeah, the Wii might cause some problems with that.

In other news, poor Rob is sick. Kinda funny since he's an anti-bacterial-carrying germaphobe that regularly claims "It must work! I don't get sick!" Heh heh. This is the reason why I'm disgusting. I've built up an immunity to germs. I wrote him a song. We were talking the other day about why I'm with him, so I wrote a song in response. I'll have to record it and post it, but in the meantime, here's the chorus:

Rage is good, you often tell me
And that’s how I know our love will last
Because if I get up and leave you
I know that you will kick my ass


I'm such a romantic.

3 comments:

Jenn said...

nice!

i have had a very similar problem (to your sketching point)

recently i feel like i've found my style- now i feel i need to take some of them there lessons & get me some skills. i practice but to no great mystery they are all very much amateur sketchy blob like lines.

happy doodling!

poor Rob the germy*phobe :)

Unknown said...

that's funny, because i am stat obsessed, and a lot of my traffic comes from people looking for curly hair pictures, which i'm obsessed with creating, so i've got one in there. Another one is of a "fashion drawing". Page 1 google images for that term, baby. It's the one that is a lady made out of mascara bottles and stuff.

Anonymous said...

Hey there great blog. I came across this post, and feel the same way.

I have so many interests that I at times forgot all of them. I feel like I don't have enough years to accomplish and do all that I want, or sometimes I just feel like I need to have 10 of me to pursue all that I want. I too am a graphic designer, but originally wanted to be an interior decorator.

Then there is also the book I want to write, the jewelry line...lol the list could go on. Then I read this book: http://www.amazon.com/Could-Anything-Only-Knew-What/dp/0440505003

It honestly helped. It felt like much needed therapy. I hope you get it! You would enjoy it!

amin83@live.com