Monday, May 21, 2007

Milton Glaser was right!

I really do love NY! It was a short weekend trip accompanied by rain, but still, a rainy day of walking in nyc is better than a sunny day of taking a nap in my condo!

We went to visit with my friend from the north, Jeope™ and his lady. Highlights from the weekend include a ton of walking, a visit to MoMA, a hilarious Ricky Gervais show, some dancin' in the street (done by professionals, not us amateurs), and some tasty french toast.

I didn't really get any photos. The weather was too crappy for cameras. But on Sunday morning we had a bit of sun while Rob and I ate breakfast at Central Park.


Clockwise from left: have a Starbucks; Rob's bad hat head and my new haircut; goofy face; even in NYC, go Sox!

7 comments:

miss.supafly said...

oooh! i love your hair! when do you go off to your craft fair? you DEFINITELY need to do a swap -- just read through the different swaps and see if there's one that sounds like fun. there are some limits on what "newbies" can do, but i've loved all of the swaps i've done so far... there's a really cute one i want to do where you swap mini DIY craft kits -- HOW CUTE?!?! oh, and to my surprise, i managed to avoid buying most of the stuff at the stores this weekend -- it was difficult, but i made it out with a roll of cute ribbon and tons of pictures to remind me of what's waiting for me on my next trip! WOW, holy long comment! =]

Anonymous said...

you two are such a cute couple!

Yeah! go sox! They must have loved you in NYC :)

Jennifer said...

I loooooovvvveeeeee your haircut! It is so great. I need a new haircut. My long mop is getting boring! NYC sounds like it was a blast!

Sarah said...

You went to the Ricky Gervais show? You are lucky lucky lucky! He is a comic genius and I love love love him. I saw him on Letterman and was thinking how cool it would be to see him in NY. That's so cool!

Melissa said...

Thanks all! I am SOOOOO happy with my haircut! I go to this funky place in the city, and even though I have a different stylist every time, they always do a great job! Ahh, how nice it is to have short hair again!

Sarah, the show was amazing! I didn't really have high expectations, but I had stomach pains from laughing so hard! Plus, David Bowie introduced him!! How freakin' cool is that?????

Sarah said...

Yeah I heard him say his friend Bowie invited him over. Oh that is too freaking cool. Have you heard the podcasts with Ricky, Stephen Merchant and Karl Pilkington? If you think Ricky is funny wait till you hear Karl!

annie said...

wow! scarily, this looks so much like me and my boyfriend! steve even has that same shirt! can't wait to meet you at artstar!