Thursday, May 24, 2007

Pricing help!

I know I don't have a ton of readers, but in case you pop your head in and aren't usually a commenter, I'd love to get some feedback from everyone!

Here's the deal. I have to make sure I'm accurately pricing my stuff. I'm going to write a list of my products and a suggested price. Let me know if you think I'm off. (Click the link for an image.)

Collage Cards - $5/piece (Should I consider "4 for $16" option??)
These cards are my favorite to make, and will probably take up the majority of the table, but honestly I can't make too much money on them because they take a freakin' LONG time to make.

Boxed Sets - $16

Gift Tags (set of 6) - $4.50

Mini Cards - $1/piece

Mini Cards Set of 4 - $3

Button Sets - $2

Key Fobs - $5 (Buy 3 get one free???)

Certificates of Greatness (mounted or with envelope) - $1.50/piece or the set of 4 for $5

Thanks for your help, peeps!!!!

8 comments:

I'm A said...

just wanted to let you know i love your stuff. i think your prices are perfect. but to be honest, i would actually pay a little more.

Anonymous said...

I think your pricing is great. Your stuff is hi-end, nicely packaged + presented. I don't think you will have any problems selling.

I'm sure once you do the show you'll have a better idea if you can increase your prices or not. But I would rather sell out than be left with a lot of product. That's just me :)

Anonymous said...

Those sound good to me girly! Don't sell yourself short. This isn't mass produced junk! These are hand-made fine crafts dammit! :-)

zenzhetty said...

I Think your prices are just right.You do beautiful things. I am sure you will sell out!

Melissa said...

Thanks all! I sure hope that all the ASCB patrons agree with you. :)

Anonymous said...

$5 per card is perfect.
Why not round the gift tags up to $5 too? Easier for making change at shows.

I'm iffy on the 'free' offer for the key fobs... having a discount for buying three (like your cards) would be my gut feeling... you work too hard to give things away for free!

The nice thing about these shows - try it one way for the morning - if your strategy isn't working, do something different in the afternoon.

Good luck! Everything looks great!

Unknown said...

I think you can go higher on your cards 6 or 7 each. Also are you putting 4 cards in the boxed set if so I would not give much of a price break as they are also getting a box as well. just my two cents, but I think hand made should always be priced higher than mass produced. I agree with the other posters you can start higher in the morning and if its not working out you can lower the price

miss.supafly said...

I think you're probably like me a little and just afraid to price your stuff where you'll make any money. Your prices are great though. Here's what I might change:

Collage Cards: 4 for $18
Boxed Sets: If there are 4 cards, I do them for $25 because of the box... Maybe $20... Or maybe you could do 5 cards for $25 or $20 -- just make sure you're getting a return!
Gift Tags: I'd definitely make those $5/set.
Key Fobs: If I remember reading correctly, you were having trouble getting rid of these, right? If that's the case, then I think that price is great; otherwise maybe do the discount thing rather than give away a free key fob.

Someone brought up a great point -- if you're not selling as much as you'd like, you can lower the price for the afternoon or the second day. :)